This be a Facebook tag, where you're supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. But since I haven't yet figured out how to use the application even with detailed instructions, getting it done over here. Besides, I've suddenly become comment hungry.
So here goes..
1) My Dad plays the Sitar, so my earliest childhood memory is waking up to the sounds of rich music. In fact, this influenced me so much that till age 5 I used to sit on the stairs, embrace the banister like a Sitar and strum the railing. Since no sound came out, I would say "pao pao" imitating the instrument.
2) As I kid I was dreadfully afraid of two things: people and poo. In nursery school, I would quietly stand at the corner of the playground while all the other kids were running around. For some reason, the teachers would find this extremely cute. And they named me chubby cheeks..
3) The poo paranoia was so huge that I refused to take a dump. Used to think that this was something dirty, smelly and yucky. So I used to suppress it with all my might whenever I needed to crap. This led to constipation and the good doctor gave my very patient Mother a pill to shove up my ass. I remember how good it felt when I shat for 30 minutes at a stretch. I was 7 then.
4) The previous experience gave me the ability to control my bowel movements. Now I can go for a max of three without relieving myself. Comes in handy when I'm traveling and the arrangements are shitty. Erm..
5) My accent changes automatically depending on who I am talking to. This happens mostly when I'm conversing with clients. The South-East Asians think I'm making fun of them. The Americans introduce me to their wives.
6) I lose my cool very easily... and cool down even quicker. When I get angry, I can lift up dining tables to hurl them. If I'm getting angry on the phone, I change my voice to the Christian "Batman" Bale growl.
7) I pace while talking on the phone. At home, I've got this route - verandah, bed, dresser, bed, verandah. Whenever I've paced the verandah, I've often caught the neighbouring marwaris in various states of undress. They prance to the windows and draw the curtains shut. Every time. Which is another reason I detest them.
8) I don't tell people some very basic information about myself even if I've been close friends with them for more than 2 years. You know.. the whole "let the mystery be there" kinda thing.
9) I use too many I's in my sentences.
10) There's this desire to be in the limelight almost all the time. Maybe it's because I used to be the playground recluse as a kid, which is why I'm making up for it now.
11) I chew my lower lip when I'm thinking. My two front teeth are at right angles to each other because of that. When I'm concentrating on something really hard, but making no headway, I talk to the problem... have a conversation with it. This used to happen when I painted as a kid.
12) My G.I. Joe and He-Man action figures are collecting dust in the cupboard for the last three years. I can't bring myself to dust them clean because I don't want to start playing with them again. My friends walked in on me once when I was executing a Cobra counter strike, with the toys placed strategically on my bed, window sill and an upturned biscuit tin.
13) Sentimental movie and TV scenes make me cry. That's one reason why I stopped watching those home makeover shows on Discovery Travel and Living.
14) I am chewing my lower lip right now. (12:54 pm | February 14 2009)
15) I have a sweet tooth. If there are no sweets in the house, I'll make do with sugar. Or kishmish. Or throat lozenges. Or cough tablets.
16) I used to swing from the bathroom door curtains when I was 5. You know, knot the lower ends into a seat, sit down and go weeeeeeee. This stopped when the curtain tore and I hurt my bum. They just don't make strong curtains nowadays..
17) After my left collarbone broke, it didn't set perfectly. I take morbid pleasure in showing people the droop in the shoulder and detaching the upper arm from the collarbone as far as it can go without hurting. :D
18) While cleaning my room, if I find an old magazine or book, I'll start reading it. Cleaning be damned.
19) I take offence at minor things easily and don't forget them for a long time to come. And I won't tell the people concerned why I'm offended either. But after I've cooled down, I'll start behaving normally with them. This confuses them and they don't know how to react to me. I like this.
20) I love hearing good things about me, but don't know how to handle compliments. Usually I'll make a smartass remark which makes people regret saying something in the first place. Then I follow up with double meaninged sentences.
21) I can bench press up to a 100 kgs, but can't push my way through in a crowd.
22) I love matchmaking between friends. Then reminding them that I brought them together in the first place. :D And then feel rotten when it doesn't work out so I guess the matchmaking isn't exactly a good idea...
23) I am very surprised that I haven't used the straight face smiley even once yet :|
24) While walking, I avoid stepping on the shadows of people's heads. Unless the persons concerned are peeing. Then I pass comments.
25) When travelling alone by public transport, I make it a point to look someone in the eye until he or she looks away. Neighbouring taxi drivers are most susceptible to this.
And in this post I tag you. That's cos I am terrible at remembering names.